Our lab furniture is specialized for Mass Spectrometry. It is designed to eliminate “Mass Spec Creep,” which we define as that gradual evolutionary spread of rough pumps, cables, hoses, cords, computers, peripherals, tanks, tools and other paraphernalia until the accessories dominate the lab when non-specific lab furniture is used.
- Quiet Vacuum Pumps - We guarantee a 15 dbA reduction in noise, better than 75%, the best guarantee in the industry. Up to two rough pumps the size of Edwards E2M28 can remain in the vacuum pump enclosure, even up to three pumps for the larger mass spectrometers.
- No Vibration - Leading mass spectrometry instrumentation manufacturers expect their mass spectrometer to be on lab furniture that is vibration free, and state that requirement in their site preparation documents. With IonBench, patented calibrated dampening springs remove 99% of vibration transfer, significantly extending the lifetime of your GC/MS or LC/MS turbo molecular pump.
- Movable - Sturdy, lockable casters enable safe movement of the lab furniture and easy access to the back of the instrument for service.
- Compact – Four built -in (and quiet) cooling fans force air through the lab bench; no need for a space behind. We believe you will see an overall 30% reduction in occupied space.
- Accessibility - The lab bench is wide enough to accommodate your mass spec and leave room for tools. Peripherals such as computers, waste bottles, rough pumps and more are integrated into the bench.
- Tidy Cable & Hose Connections - Available grommets arrange cables and vacuum hoses so they are protected and efficient.
- Rough Pump Overheat Protection - Overheat alarm provides an audio visual signal if the vacuum pump enclosure overheats.
IonBench MS Options
Our IonBench custom lab furniture has several additional options to better serve your laboratory’s needs.
- Three Drawer Bank - Drawer bank with three (3) full-extension lab drawers for storage of columns, sources, tools, manuals, etc…
- Flat Screen Monitor Support Arm & Keyboard Platform - Flat screen monitor support arm
& special sliding keyboard mouse platform under bench. Compatible with standard VESA 75 x 75 or 100 x 100, maximum weight 10 kg (should fit most screens on the market)
- Lateral Waste container - Waste vessel conveniently located on lab furniture to avoid extension of tubing in an unsafe manner.
- PC mount (left side, under work surface) - Mount your PC/workstation above the floor and under the lab furniture benchtop.
- Electrical plug array (under work surface) - Eight (8) 110 V or four (4) 220 V, outlets to simplify connection of chromatograph and peripherals.
- Stainless Steel Oil Drip Pan - One for each vacuum pump inside the enclosure
Request a quote for your custom lab furniture for mass spectrometry…